Sunday, December 2, 2012

Brenda Blames the Internet



So, I went to the rehab to visit my friend, who I’ll call Brenda. She used to be a star reporter but a year ago she was forcibly retired. Some dip shit at the Chicago Tribune decided to terminate her story line and wham, Brenda was out of work. She blames the Internet.

Stubbing out a cigarette in her tapioca, she just started ranting at me in the day room. (I’ve edited her a little bit because her favorite words all begin with the letter “F.”)
 

“The Internet is a self-referencing, circle jerk, echo chamber. You don’t ever have to read anything that you may disagree with or which doesn’t reinforce your dumb-assed parochial views. It’s like one of those housing developments where everybody makes the same money, drives the same shitty SUV, lives in the same cardboard house, sends their kids to the same schools. It’s a bullshit generator and it’s robbed the newspaper industry of its business model. Of course, the morons who owned newspapers are responsible. Whomever thought it was a good idea to give it away for free never had a momma who warned him about being a total slut.

Now, people are so over loaded with bullshit, they voluntarily watch that dancing nerd video. I just want to choke that Gangnam asshole but I know he’ll be replaced by a talking squirrel.”
You mean they don't talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment